Tag Archives: ghost father
Here is the eighth installment of the always surprising mix series from Buffalo’s ghost_father and it is perhaps the most eclectic yet. At times glitchy, at other times soulful, afropop gives way to hypnagogic pop while swirling beats melt into waterfalls of synths. Mixing is top-notch as usual. No tracklisting provided this time around. Oh well. Enjoy it anyway.
1) Ches Smith, “Pressed On,” Congs for Brums II: Noise to Men
2) Machinefabriek, “Brown,” Colour Tones (Fang Bomb)
3) SlowPitch, “Brain Test Mantra,” Biosphere Stargraze (Bah Doom Recordings)
4) Nastro, “25” 300mq (Upside Down Recordings)
5) Giant Claw, “Righteous-Injustice-Hellearth,” Giant Claw/The Cat’s Orchestra Split (cae-sur-a)
6) Ghost Father, “Tangential”
7) Tomutonttu, “Rattus (Live),” The Noise from Ridgewood, A Benefit Compilation for the Silent Barn (Obsolete Units)
8) Skeleton Zoo, “More Various Flavors of Chip”
9) Lord Tang, “Thang,” Lord Thang (Gigante)
10) Buildings and Mountains, “Epidemic Magnificent,” SummerGut String (Blood Dirt)
11) Chapels, “No Graves,” The Noise from Ridgewood, A Benefit Compilation for the Silent Barn (Obsolete Units)
12) Baczkowski Sack Duo, “Keet Seel,” Baczkowski Sack Duo/Butcher, Breyer, Khoury Trio Split (House of Alchemy)
13) Jeffery Star, “Sound Opera,” Out of Nowhere: Electro-Acoustic Music from the Upstate Fringe (Big Orbit)
14) Underground River, “In The Sand,” Endless Air; The Other Side of Happenings (Owl)
15) Future by Now, “This Is Not,” Blood Dirt Companion, Vol. 1 (Blood Dirt)
16) Squanto, “Like Chlorine,” On Being Lumpy
17) Off the International Radar, “A Cold Mirror,” Hot Lips
18) M. Mucci, “The Days Blur Together” Tall House Recordings
1) Lucky Dragons, “Exsisters,” Exsisters
2) Lesley Flanigan, “Sleepy”
3) Digital Dog Party, “Your Heart Gave Fuzz”
4) The Cubes, “Pacifique Live Improvisation”
5) Spurgeasaurus, “Working Title (Active Ingredient)”
6) Cloud Becomes Your Hand, “Rootabega Pigeons,” S/T
7) Beef Terminal, “Empty Beach,” Humidex
8) Ghost Father, “Shrift”
9) Cinnamon Aluminum, “Forest of Leisure,” We Ate the Wrong Crab Spirit (Level 4 Activated)
10) Tristan Perich, “Interface,” string quartet, 4-channel 1-bit electronic
11) Kirk Starkey, “Hidden I Nocturne,” Little Gidding
12) Matthew Ship, “Alternative Aspects,” Elastic Aspects
13) TJ Borden, “Contractions”
14) Salem:1976, “Everything is Going to Be OK”
15) Totem Pole, “Improvisatoin # 2,” Live at the Vault March 14, 2012
16) Jookla Duo and Bill Nace, “Scratch Here,” Scratch
Here is the latest mix from Buffalo’s Ghost Father. As usual, Ghost Father blends interesting, eclectic beats with off-kilter and strange sounding tracks from all sorts of different genres. Superbly mixed and highly adventurous. Enjoy.
Also, you can see Ghost Father perform this Friday as one half of UVB-76 at Hallwalls. UVB-076 will perform Kraftwerk’s The Man Machine as part of the ongoing Kraftwerkers of Buffalo series.
Here is part IV of the Ghost Father mix series. As usual, no tracklist provided. As usual, none needed. After all, not knowing where you’re going turns out to be half the fun.
Go see Mario spin with Sherri (Sherrio)at Soundlab tomorrow night before the !!! show.