In honor of World Listening Day, tonight’s show will be dedicated to phonography, field recording, and the music that makes use of pre-recorded sounds of the environment.
We’ll hear recordings from some of the greats including Christopher DeLauranti, Lawrence English, Francisco Lopez, Solo Andata, along with artists with local connections (and equally as great) including Tony Conrad, Michael Pisaro, Claymation, Bob Ohrum, SIGHUP, and Tired Wires.
Show starts at 9pm on 91.3FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org
Also, make sure to check out post from the previous two days to get caught up on World Listening Day and our new [Soundmarks] series.
1) Pete Swanson, “Misery Beat” Man With Potential (Type)
2) Laurel Halo, “Head,” Hour Logic EP (Hippos in Tanks)
3) Sculpture, “Elk Cloner,” Toad Blinker (Dekorder)
4) The Caretaker, “The Von Restorff Effect,” Persistent Repetition of Phrases (History Always Favours the Winners)
5) Tim Hecker, “Studio Suicide, 19800,” Ravedeath. 1972 (Kranky)
6) Lawrence English, “The Hunting Life,” The Peregrine (Experimedia)
7) Julianna Barwick, “Envelop,” The Magic Place (Asthmatic Kitty)
8) Nicholas Szczepanik, “Please Stop Loving Me (Excerpt)”(Streamline)
9) Borden, Ferraro, Godin, Halo and Lopatin, “Just a Little Pollution,” Frkwys 7 (Rvng, Intl)
10) Pinch and Shackleton, “Monks on the Run,” Pinch and Shackleton (Honest Jon’s Records)
11) Patten, “Fire Dream,” GLAQJO XAACSSO (No Pain in Pop)
12) Modul, “Sun Police,” How to Play (Passage)
13) Fugenn and the White Elephants, “Sun Set,” an4rm (Progressive Form)
14) 808 State, “Flow Coma (Aphex Twin Remix)”
15) Martyn, “We Are You in the Future”
16) Mountains, “Backwards Crossover,” Air Museum (Thrill Jockey)