Tonight on The Upstate Soundscape we’ll hear a song from Mary Lattimore’s upcoming 12″ The Withdrawing Room, a record that is due out on Buffalo’s own Desire Path Recordings this April.
Tons of other stuff to get to including De Trop, Ital, Black to Comm, Prince Rama, La Monte Young, Malaria Control, and more.
Show starts at 8pm on 91.3FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org.
Electro-Acoustic/noise act Pedestrian Deposit will perform tonight at the Vault in Buffalo. Below is a video of a great performance from the group in their hometown of Los Angeles.
Show starts at 8pm and will also feature Cincinnati’s Pusdrainer and local support from Malarai Control and Air Loom.
Here is an untitled recording from the dynamic duo of Adam Richards (Chapels, House of Alchemy) and Mike Mahoney (Leather Tongue).
You can catch these guys performing in Buffalo at The Vault this Sunday along with LA’s Pedestrian Deposit, Pusdrainer, and Malaria Control. This might be your last chance to see Air Loom live for quite some time as Mahoney is escaping Buffalo for the cushy confines of California very soon. Don’t miss it.
Tonight at The Vault Level 4 Activated will be hosting an art show. On display will be a new DVD from Kristachuwan called Pterodactyl Fish, a collaborative mural by Chris Svoboda and Mike Schroeder and a preview of upcoming releases by Cinnamon Aluminum and Kid on Purpose.
Before hearing the new stuff by Kid on Purpose, why not check out his first album from 2009, Polyamory.
Malaria Control will also be on hand tonight for a performance featuring Jeff Repeater.
1) Our Brother the Native, “Falconiformes,” Earth and Claw (Fat Cat)
2) Mercury Rev, “Meth of a Rockett’s Kick,” Boces (Beggar’s Banquet)
3) Thee Silver Mt. Zion, “13 Blues for Thirteen Moons,” 13 Blues for Thirteen Moons (Constellation)
4) Bear Flames, “Social Security #,” EP1, EP2, Old Rehearsals
5) Lucky Dragons, “Mercy,” Dark Falcon (555 Recordings)
6) Dustin Wong, “Space Tunnel Graffiti,” Dreams Say, View, Create, Shadow Leads (Thrill Jockey)
7) Martin Freeman, “Beastin,” Beastin
8) Tony Conrad with Faust, “The Death of the Composer was in 1962,” Outside the Dream Syndicate
9) Andew Deutsch, “Rain Raga (Dedicated to Jessie Shefrin),” Out of Nowhere: Electro-Acoustic music from the Upstate Fringe
10) War on Drugs, “Don’t Fear the Ghost,” Coming to the City Single (Secretly Canadian)
11) Odonis Odonis, “Seedgazer,” Hollandaze (Fat Cat)
12) Aidan Baker, “Beyond the Great Wall,” The Spectrum of Distraction
13) Malaria Control,” Bike Ride by the Water,” Jack Topht/Malaria Control Split Cassette
14) Grab Ass Cowboys, “Turpentine Wig”
15) Ay Fast, “Rotating Stairwell Explained,” Ay Fast/Collapsed Arc (Bananas Eat Girl)
Tune in tonight to 91.3 FM WBNY at 10pm for another episode of The Upstate Soundscape. Plenty of good stuff lined up including some old Mercury Rev, Malaria Control, Odonis Odonis, Bear Flames, Tony Conrad with Faust, and lots of others.
Our Brother the Native
We’ll also take a listen to some artists that will be performing this weekend in Buffalo, including Thee Mt. Silver Zion and Our Brother the Native.
Show starts at 10pm. Stream at WBNY.org.
Kyle Bobby Dunn
Tonight on the Upstate Soundscape we will continue checking out the releases that we have been reviewing for our [2011 in Review] section. We’ll hear tracks from the reviews of the past week including Chapels, SIGHUP, Bob Ohrum, throuRoof, and Kyle Bobby Dunn.
We’ll also take a listen to a new unreleased track from Kyle Bobby Dunn called “In Praise of Tears.”
We’ve got another week or so of reviews left and we’ll preview some of them including the one for All of Them Witches’ new album Breathers vs. Drivers. The review for Breathers vs. Drivers is scheduled to post tomorrow, while All of Them Witches will also play a show this Saturday at Mohawk Place.
Also going to preview the show going down at The Vault this Friday with the KBD Sonic Cooperative (no connection to Kyle Bobby Dunn), ChinaUFO, Malaria Control, Fluxmonkey, and Jason Zeh.For those of you planning on attending this show, make sure you head down to Merge afterward for Freeform Fridays with me and the Vinyl Retentives. All vinyl, no cover, and cheap PBR tallboys. Should be a good way to close out the night.
The Upstate Soundscape starts at 10pm on 91.3 FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org.