1) Johnny Greenwood, “Henry Plainview,” And There Will Be Blood (
2) Gygori Ligeti, “Requiem for Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, 2 Mixed Choirs and Orchestra,” 2001: A Space Odyssey Soundtrack(MGM)
3) Gygori Ligeti, “Lux Aterna,” 2001: A Space Odyssey Soundtrack (MGM)
4) Phillip Glass Ensemble, “Pruit Igoe & Prophecies,” Koyaanisqatsi Soundtrack
5) Tangerine Dream, “Abyss,” THe Sorcerer Soudtrack (MCA)
6) Vincent Gallo, “A Wet Cleaner,” Buffalo ’66 Soundtrack
7) Bobby BeauSoleil, “3,” Lucifer Rising Soundtrack
8) Broken Social Scene, “Da Da Da,” Half-Nelson Soundtrack
9) Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, “Oraculum,” The Girl with the Dragoon Tattoo Soundtrack
10) Kristachuwan, Pterodactyl Fish (excerpt)
11) Animal Collective, ODDSAC (excerpt)
12) Matmos, “Roses and Teeth for Ludwig Wittgenstein,” Soundtrack for Girl’s Lie
13) Benoit Charest, “Cabaret Aspirateaur,” Triplets from Belleville Soundtrack
14) Komeda, “Cul-de-sac,” Cul-de-Sac Soundtrack
15) Brian Eno, “Final Sunrise,” Music for Films (Jem Records)
16) Neil Young, “Guitar Solo #1,” Dead Man Soundtrack
17) Michael Pitt, “Untitled Performance,” Last Days Soundtrack
18) Grizzly Bear, “Alligator (Choir Version),” Blue Valentine Soundtrack
19) Angus MacLise, Tony Conrad, John Cale, “Electronic Music for Expanded Cinema”
Tag Archives: market arcade
In honor of the Midnight Beacon: A Film Series for the Senses, which is launching this Friday at the Market Arcade, tonight’s show will be dedicated to the experimental music and sound from great films scores and soundtracks.
Got some crazy stuff line up from films like Buffalo ’66, Lucifer Rising, 2001: A Space Odyssey, There Will Be Blood, Last Days, Dead Man, Blade Runner, Videodrome, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Half-Nelson, and others.
Show starts at 10pm on 91.3FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org.
Tons of good stuff happening this week so on tonight’s show we’ll preview each of them.
-Tonight actor/director Crispin Hellion Glover will return to the Market Arcade for a performance and film screening. To set the stage for the two-night appearance, we’ll hear a track off of Mr. Glover’s 2006 album The Big Problem ? The Solution. The Solution = Let it Be. That’s right, the guy makes weird music, too.
-Friday night, Wooden Cities will be staging a performance of John Zorn’s improvisational-game piece Corba at Hallwall’s. Those unfamiliar with the Corbra concept can tune in to hear a past Cobra performance.
-Also, Friday night Soundlab will feature Oneida, NY, native and Ghostly International recording artists Com Truise, along with Buffalo producer Ay Fast. We’ll hear tracks from both these electronic beat makers.
-And on Sunday, many members of the Albany Sonic Arts Collective will perform at the Upstate Artist’s Guild in Albany. We’ll hear songs from a number of artists that will be at Sunday night’s show, which is being put together as a benefit for the UAG. The UAG needs help to stay in its current gallery space and the ASAC, which has worked closely with the Guild since 2007, is hoping to raise as much money as possible to help the Guild out.
Show starts at 10pm on 91.3 FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org.