Tag Archives: odonis odonis
Yup, taking a 2-week break before summer ends. But fear not, tonight’s show will be jam-packed with good stuff to hold you over. Here’s some sounds we’ll check out:
We’ll preview a couple of shows coming up including the Blues Control show at Soundlab in Buffalo on 8.30, the Jason Lescalleet shows in Rochester and Albany (8.30/8.31), and the Odonis Odonis show at Mohawk Place in Buffalo on 9.5.
Also on tap: new Animal Collective, Peaking Lights, and part two of the Sax Tape that we started last week.
And finally, if we have time, we’ll also check a very special recording from 1977. Those who were interested in yesterday’s post on the Music 114: Everyday Sounds and Experimental Music course being offered by the UB music department this fall will want to tune in and check this out. You’ll find a little hint of what’s in store below.
Show starts at 9pm on 91.3 FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org. Also, another programming note…when the show returns on 9.12.12, we will be on at a new time from 8pm-10pm, still Wed. nights.
1) Man Forever, “Surface Patterns,” Live on WFMU (Free Music Archive)
2) Bear Flames, “Sabbath”
3) Torus, “Jesus Igloo,” Basement Tapes
4) All of Them Witches, “That’s a Real Head Scratcher,” Breathers vs. Drivers
5) Bees////, “WEARETHEBEES,” GA/KA
6) Oneida, “Story of O,” Rated O (Jagjaguwar)
7) Moonwood, “Where the Flowers Blossoms Red” The Strength of the Wolf is in the Pack and the Strength of the Wolf is in the Pack is in the Wolf
8) Wolfcow, “Hey Rides,” Mummies Call
9) Doom Tickler, “One of Us,’ Pleasure Cavern
10) Yamanataka/ Sonic Titan, “Reverse Crystal//Murder of a Spider” YY//ST
11) Doldrums, “Egypt” Egypt (Souterrain Transmissions)
12) Dusted, “(Into) The Atmosphere” Total Dust (Polyvinyl)
13) Odonis Odonis, “Busted Lip” Hollandaze (Fat Cat)
14) Doldrums, “I’m Lost in My Head,” Empire Sound (No Pain in Pop)
15) Berangere Maximin with Richard Pinhas, “Carnaval Cannibale” No One is an Island (Sub Rosa)
16) Cinnamon Aluminum, “New Couch,” We Ate the Wrong Crab Spirit (Level 4 Activated)
Due to the host being a dipshit and forgetting to hit ‘record’ at the start of last night’s show, there is no archived version of last night’s show. Pity, because it was a good one. Kind of surprised this hasn’t happened before, actually. Anyway, you can still check out last night’s tracklist below.
1) Martin Freeman, “Beastin,” Beastin
2) All of them Witches, “Toyotal Recall,” Breathers vs. Drivers
3) Bear Flames, “Judas/Heavy Outro”
4) Velvet Elvis, “Pretty Girls in Lace,” No Rules in the Wasteland (cae-sur-a)
5) Tuurd, “I Wish My Wife Was This Dirty,” I Wish My Wife Was This Dirty (Carbon)
6) AIDS Wolf, “Very Friendly (Weasel Walter Remix)”
7) Bees////, “MONSTERFLOWERCAT,” GA/KA
8) Dustin Wong, “Diagonally Talking Echo,” Dreams, Say, View, Create, Shadow Leads (Thrill Jockey)
9) Christian Marclay, Elliot Sharp, Vernon Reid, Melvin Gibbs, Lee Ranaldo, Mary Halverson “Graffitti Composition 2” Graffiti Composition
10) Deerhunter, “Weird Era,” Wierd Era Cont. (Kranky)
11) Odonis Odonis, “Ledged Up,” Hollandaze (Fat Cat)
12) Lotus Plaza, “Remember Our Days,” Lotus Plaza/Odonis Odonis Split 12″ (Fat Cat)
13) Settlers, “Sky Kings”
14) Women, “Untogether,” Public Strain (Jagjaguwar)
15) Grasshopper & The Crickets, “Sketches of Saturn,” The Orbit of Eternal Grace (Beggar’s Banquat)
16) Sonic Youth, “Anagram,” Perspective Musicales (SYR)
17) Off the International Radar, “Critical Mass,” OTIR 003 (Voof Records)
18) Location Ensemble, “Diversion # 3,” Live in Saratoga 11.12.11(Tape Drift)
19) Colin Stetson, “The End of Your Suffering,” Those Who Didn’t Run (Constellation)
Looking over the potential playlist for tonight’s show and it seems like there is a lot of experimental rock-type stuff on it. At least stuff with guitars anyway. . .
Got some Location Ensemble, some Bear Flames, some All of Them Witches, some Velvet Elvis, some Bees////, some Odonis Odonis, some Martin Freeman, some AIDS Wolf, some Bird Day….maybe some Settlers and Yoma as well.
And that’s just the regional stuff….
Probably get to some Krautrock and No Wave, along with other goodies as well.
In other words, it will be a great fucking show, so tune in to 91.3 FM WBNY at 10 pm for another episode of The Upstate Soundscape.
Stream at WBNY.org.
1) Our Brother the Native, “Falconiformes,” Earth and Claw (Fat Cat)
2) Mercury Rev, “Meth of a Rockett’s Kick,” Boces (Beggar’s Banquet)
3) Thee Silver Mt. Zion, “13 Blues for Thirteen Moons,” 13 Blues for Thirteen Moons (Constellation)
4) Bear Flames, “Social Security #,” EP1, EP2, Old Rehearsals
5) Lucky Dragons, “Mercy,” Dark Falcon (555 Recordings)
6) Dustin Wong, “Space Tunnel Graffiti,” Dreams Say, View, Create, Shadow Leads (Thrill Jockey)
7) Martin Freeman, “Beastin,” Beastin
8) Tony Conrad with Faust, “The Death of the Composer was in 1962,” Outside the Dream Syndicate
9) Andew Deutsch, “Rain Raga (Dedicated to Jessie Shefrin),” Out of Nowhere: Electro-Acoustic music from the Upstate Fringe
10) War on Drugs, “Don’t Fear the Ghost,” Coming to the City Single (Secretly Canadian)
11) Odonis Odonis, “Seedgazer,” Hollandaze (Fat Cat)
12) Aidan Baker, “Beyond the Great Wall,” The Spectrum of Distraction
13) Malaria Control,” Bike Ride by the Water,” Jack Topht/Malaria Control Split Cassette
14) Grab Ass Cowboys, “Turpentine Wig”
15) Ay Fast, “Rotating Stairwell Explained,” Ay Fast/Collapsed Arc (Bananas Eat Girl)
Tune in tonight to 91.3 FM WBNY at 10pm for another episode of The Upstate Soundscape. Plenty of good stuff lined up including some old Mercury Rev, Malaria Control, Odonis Odonis, Bear Flames, Tony Conrad with Faust, and lots of others.
We’ll also take a listen to some artists that will be performing this weekend in Buffalo, including Thee Mt. Silver Zion and Our Brother the Native.
Show starts at 10pm. Stream at WBNY.org.