Tune in tonight to 91.3 FM WBNY at 10pm for another episode of The Upstate Soundscape. Plenty of good stuff lined up including some old Mercury Rev, Malaria Control, Odonis Odonis, Bear Flames, Tony Conrad with Faust, and lots of others.
Our Brother the Native
We’ll also take a listen to some artists that will be performing this weekend in Buffalo, including Thee Mt. Silver Zion and Our Brother the Native.
Show starts at 10pm. Stream at WBNY.org.
Got a whole bunch of good stuff lined up for tonight, including new tracks fresh in from the House of Alchemy, cae-sur-a, and Skell labels.
Keir Neuringer w/ DJ Sniff
Good show going down at the Vault tomorrow, so we’ll hear some of the artists that will be performing, including Ithaca’s Keir Neuringer, Toronto’s Colin Fisher, and the Steve Baczkowski/Bill Sack Duo from Buffalo.
Also, I recently took a trip to the UB music library so we got some archival goodies to get to as well, including some Tony Conrad, Pauline Oliveros, and others.
Windy & Carl
If we got time we’ll hear some other new stuff from old school droners Windy & Carl as well. Show starts at 10pm on 91.3 FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org.
1) Tycho, “Cascade (Live), Hours (Ghostly Int.)
2) Vladislav Delay, “Levite,” Vantaa (Raster-Noton)
3) Co La, “Vanity Plate,” Daydream Repeater (NNA Tapes)
4) Heatsick, “Taxi Zum No,” Intersex (Pan)
5) ProEf, “Slow Motion Through My Window,” All Eye Know (Otnorot Recordings)
6) Sculpture, “E.M. Percolator,” Toad Blinker (Dekorder)
7) Forest Feeling, “AM Introduction,” Aitken Jamhouse
8) Daniel Padden, “Rattling Belt,” Ship Chop (Dekorder)
9) Vans Deferense Organization, “78 Revolving Potentiometers,” Eye Peels and Brain Picks (Puer Gravy)
10) Skeleton Zoo, “Choclate Elbow,” The Busride EP
11) Abstract Random, “Goodness,” Siren Songs —dub hop electro from toronto slits meets
12) Ensemble Economique, “To Feel the Night as It Really Is,” Crossing the Pass, By Torchlight (Dekorder)
13) Andrew Pekler, “The Twilight of Your Smile,” Sentimental Favorites (Dekorder)
14) Tony Conrad, featuring MV Carbon, Angharad Davies, and Dominic Lash, Unprojectable: Projection and Perspective,” Live at the Turbine Hall at the Tate Modern
15) Eli Keszler, “EK Pan B MA 081911,” Cold Pin (Pan)
16) John Wiese, “Don’t Move Your Finger,” Seven of Wands (Pan)
17) Occult Modem Setting, “Submit (Directly to Chef),” Compression Artifacts
18) Marla Hlady & Friends, “A Case for Sound: Nite Ride”
Despite observing a blackout earlier today due to the SOPA protest, The Upstate Soundscape will be on the air tonight as usual. Here is what you will hear….
New stuff from ProEf, experimental turntablist from Toronto, an extended sound piece from Marla Hlady who currently has an exhibition up at Hallwall’s, and a live performance from Tony Conrad and MV Carbon, who will be performing together at the closing ceremonies of Brooklyn’s ISSUE Project Room this Friday.
We’ll also hear songs from regional artists Occult Modem Setting (see our review of his album, Compression Artifacts here) and Skeleton Zoo, whose EP The Busride we will be reviewing later this weekend.
Show starts at 10pm on 91.3 FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org.
DOWNLOAD: Tony Conrad, Edley ODowd, and Genesis Breyer P. Orrdige live on WFMU’s Strength Through Failure
Well here is something pretty weird. A live collaboration between Tony Conrad, Distinguished Professor at SUNY Buffalo’s Department of Media Studies (and minimalism pioneer), and Psychic TV/Throbbing Gristle member Genesis Breyer P. Orridge.
The set, which also includes Edley ODowd, was recorded back in April 2010 on WFMU’s strength Through Failure show. Over the course of three tracks this trio improvises their way into some rather strange sonic places.
Thanks to WFMU and the Free Music Archive for making it available.