Tag Archives: zelienople
1) God Speed You Black Emperor, “Their Helicopters Sing,” Allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend! (Constellation)
2) Nite Lite, “Participation Mystique,” Megrez (Desire Path Recordings)
3) Alog, “Spanish Record No. 9,” Unemployed
4) Jealousy Mountain Duo, “Latino Heaven,” No. 2 (Blunoise Records)
5) Off the International Radar, “Sans Ohmm,” OTIR 003
6) Mountains, “Liana,” Centralia (Thrill Jockey)
7) Creation VI, “Mu-ar,” Pantheophania (cae-sur-a)
8) Damian Valles, “Old Quarters,” The Upstate Soundscape Vol. I: Winter 2013
9) VWLS, “Witch in the Carpet,” Broadcast in the Moss (Bad Drone Media)
10) Cages, “First Seed”
11) Parashi, “Undulate,” Parashi/Chapels Split (House of Alchemy)
12) Trance, “Monk On Fire,” Guitar Noise EP (Charnel House Productions)
13) Zelienople, “Out of It,” The World is a House on Fire (Under the Spire)
14) Quintron, “Train Ride,” Sucre de Savage (Goner Records)
15) Brandon Terzic and Ravi Padmanabha, “Hamza al Hendrix” Western Skies, Eastern Dreams
16) Golden Rain, “Ketjak: The Ramayana Monkey Chant” Explorer Series: Balinese Gamelan Music (Nonesuch)
That’s right, we got BOAT loads of new stuff to get to tonight. Here’s just a taste of what to expect: Actress, Zelienople, Animal Collective, and Tomutonttu, along with reissues from Can and JD Emmaunel. . .
. . . plus great new stuff from Albany’s Rambutan off of Rochester’s cae-sur-a label, a track from System Vandross, the new album from Buffalo cello-turntable duo Phillips-Borden, a selection from Music for Moving in Slow Motion by Buffalo’s Alfred Brown, and more.
We’ll also preview the performance of Terry Riley’s In C set to take place this Friday at the Burchfield-Penny Art Center. That’s a free show that will take place outside accompanied by specially commissioned video works. See link for more details.
The weirdness will begin hitting your airwaves at 9pm on 91.3FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org.
Gonna preview a doozy of a tour set to launch in Buffalo tomorrow at the Vault. Percussionist Chris Corsano, saxophonist Steve Baczkowski, and guitarist Bill Nace–all first class improv musicians–will embark on an 8-date tour that will take them through and around the Upstate region.
Stops include Toronto, Montreal, Hudson, and of course tomorrow night’s kick off in Buffalo. The list of musicians set to perform at various stops along the tour is pretty impressive as well. See details for dates and supporting artists here.
While each of the three musicians has performed with the other two on separate occasions, as a trio the three have only performed together once–and that was back in 2005. We’ll take a listen to some of those past collaborations to see if we can get a feel for what this trio might sound like on this tour.
Other music on tap for tonight includes a new songs from Hamilton’s Thoughts on Air, Chicago trio Zelienople, an Eluvium remix of Toronto artist Sandro Perri, and more.
The weirdness will begin hitting your airwaves at 9pm. Tune in. 91.3FM WBNY or stream at WBNY.org.